Monday, September 5, 2011

Battle of Reed's Bridge, Arkansas

First of all, I must apologize to my readers for my delay in writing this blog.  Count this as last week's blog and I will have another one out later this week.  My, how the days fly by.

Last weekend, Aug. 27-28, a reenactment of the Battle of Reed's Bridge took place in Jacksonville, AR, which is just north of Little Rock.  Set in an idyllic park with recreated log structures, this event, though small, was an awesome reenactment.  The event coordinators did an excellent job and really rolled out the red carpet for the participants.  The town's restaurants provided the Saturday night's meal as well as Sunday's lunch.

The event had a little of everything:  artillery, hand-to-hand combat by the cavalry as well as the ever present infantry.  I have been told that this event will not be held next year so that the coordinators can work on their sesquicentennial celebration slated for 2013.  This will be one event on the sesquicentennial trail that you won't want to miss.

    Across the Bridge

Infantry Camp

In the Confederate Camp

 Stacked Arms

Abigail Hard at Work

Anna &Abigail's Drygoods




2 comments:

  1. It's funny because Heather and I had just been talking about how much we would both like to attend a reenactment, and then we met you that very week. I hope that you do indeed open a brick and mortar store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! It was so nice to meet you ladies yesterday at the festival, I was the artist who stopped by with my friend and little blonde headed daughter. I've enjoyed looking around your blog! I've always been fascinated by the idea of attending one of these events, ironically I was just searching around for local reenactments just yesterday! So it is a very happy coincidence to have met you both, I'd love to learn more~

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your comments.